The Mountbatten Hotel
Overlooking Devonport Park to the front, all of our rooms are well equipped with everything you might need for a comfortable stay.
We look forward to welcoming you to our home.
Get in Touch
- 0044(0)1752 563 843
- 52 Exmouth Road,
The Mountbatten Hotel is owner run and we take great care in making sure that you are as comfortable as we would like to be and this means a good night’s sleep.
The Mountbatten Hotel offers bed and breakfast accommodation in 8 non-smoking rooms. Our hotel is peaceful, comfortable and clean. The accommodation is over three floors, with free WiFi, flat screen Freeview TVs, clock radios, tea and coffee making facilities. Ironing facilities and hairdryers are available on request.
Our accommodation is as follows:
- 2 Family en-suite rooms (each containing 1 double bed and 1 single bed)
Each room has it’s own bathroom with a shower, toilet and basin.
- 3 Double en-suite rooms
Each room has it’s own bathroom with a shower, toilet and basin.
- 1 Single en-suite room
This room has it’s own bathroom with a shower, toilet and basin.
- 2 Single standard rooms
Each room has it’s own shower and basin but share a toilet located on the 1st floor.
Please bear in mind that the Mountbatten Hotel is a period property, therefore there is no lift!! Our rooms are over three floors with no bedrooms on the ground floor.
We offer a full English breakfast served between 7.30am & 8.30am, Mondays to Fridays and between 8.00am & 9.00am, Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays. Juice and milk for cereals are also available for those who require an earlier start.
- On the Buffet; fruit juice, milk, a wide selection of cereals, muesli, granola and porridge are available.
- Coffee & tea are available. Decaffeinated coffee, decaffeinated tea, hot chocolate and a selection of fruit teas are also available on request.
- A round of toast with the option of white or brown bread with a wide selections of jams and preserves.
- Our full English breakfast consists of sausage, bacon, fried egg, mushrooms, tomato and baked beans - cooked for you on demand.
- Poached eggs, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs and beans on toast are also available as an alternative to the full English breakfast
Voila! Bon appétit!
We offer a full English breakfast with all the trimmings.
Free and unrestricted on-street parking.
Free Internet Access (Wireless) in all rooms.
A range of Memory Foam and Spring Mattresses for a great nights sleep
Below are some reviews we've received from our guests. Please visit Booking.com for further reviews and details on booking accommodation with us.
- The owner couple were so friendly, helpful and welcoming! Had a nice little chat with them upon arrival itself about nearby eating places and suitable places to visit in the area :-) The breakfast was also well made and they took care to ensure I had a pleasant stay.
- Room was overlooking park to front in a quiet road, made very welcome, ideal for my requirement, would book again if traveling in the area.
- Everything was perfect. It was an overnight stay for a concert at Plymouth University. The owners were delightful, very friendly. I had a single room with shower, overlooking Devonport Park (or our front garden, as the owner jokingly told me!). Breakfast in the morning was lovely, overall a very nice stay in a very nice place, run by lovely people at a very good price.
- Friendly staff, very accommodating. Room was nice clean and comfortable. Nice modern bathroom. Good breakfast & service in the morning. Great location for us as very close to Torpoint ferry, a few minutes drive. Overnight stay before event in Torpoint early the next day. So was perfect for our needs. I would definitely recommend.
- Friendly informative staff, would stay again, easy to find,huge family room with en-suite tea and coffee facilities. Property was beautiful ideal place for us to stay as we were seeing my son pass out at HMS Raleigh. Owners were marvelous informative and friendly with an excellent breakfast. View from bedroom window huge park great to people watch.
...and now for our favourite!
- Dave and Sally were absolutely fantastic hosts. I got held up in London on my way down and they were so understanding about my being late for check-in. They even let me stay later than check-out time the next day and offered to keep my luggage safe during the day after checking out. The breakfast was amazing - so much choice and really really good value. Dave even did some printing for me which was so helpful. The room was perfect for my needs and really comfy. The location is excellent - the hotel provides loads of information on things to do in Plymouth and give you a taxi number which only charges you £5 for a taxi into the town centre. Would definitely stay here again!!!
The heart of Plymouth's heritage
The Barbican is the place to discover everything you ever wanted to know about from where Sir Francis Drake sailed and from where the Pilgrim Fathers departed to settle in the New World (the Mayflower Steps).
The Barbican is full of wonderful shops, eateries and things to do and to discover.
Our wonderful historic waterfront
Enjoy a walk along the sea front with its elegant recently restored colonnade, past the Citadel to Plymouth Hoe with its unbeatable views out to sea.
Watch a game of bowls, played upon the famous Bowling Green where Sir Francis Drake famously finished his game before tackling the Spanish Armada.
Smeaton's Tower is a grade 1 listed, internationally renowned lighthouse. Climb to the top for magnificent views of Plymouth Sound and the city from its lantern room which, along with the rest of the building, has been painstakingly restored to its original glory.
Gardens and biomes in Cornwall
The Eden Project is an unforgettable experience in a breathtaking location; a global garden; a place of beauty and wonder.
Their world famous architecture and art draws inspiration from nature, their educational work is about creating a positive future in a world that is going to go through radical change, and they try to ensure everyone who visits Eden leaves knowing something more about their connection to the world.
Eden is also about simple pleasures; enjoying tasty food, rediscovering what puts the great into the great outdoors, imaginative play for children, taking time to stop and smell the flowers and having a good time.
8 major stores plus over 55 shops, cafes and restaurants
Drake Circus is the West Country's most popular shopping centre.
Here, you'll find many of the UK's top brand names and the biggest stores in the region all under one roof. It is anchored at one end by Marks & Spencer and at the other by Next and Primark. All three are the largest stores in their group west of Bristol.
You can browse for the latest fashions or discover great gifts for friends and family.
Britain's biggest aquarium
One of Britain's best regarded attractions, the National Marine Aquarium is a charity dedicated to raising awareness of the oceans, the challenges they face and the ways in which we can all help ensure they have a sustainable future.
Located in Plymouth, the National Marine Aquarium is the result of many years of hard work and fund-raising to establish a leading aquarium in the UK.
The Aquarium experience comprises a total of 50 live exhibits including 3 massive tanks. Over 4000 animals from 400 species are displayed in realistic habitats from local shorelines to coral reefs. In addition our technological zone, Explorocean focuses on ocean exploration and sustainability through innovative, interactive exhibits.
The oldest working distillery in England
Since 1793, Plymouth Gin has been crafting it's world renowned smooth gin from a uniquely balanced blend of 7 hand selected botanicals, soft Dartmoor water and pure grain alcohol at the Blackfriars Distillery.
For more information on Plymouth events, theatres and happenings please click on the following link Plymouth Events Calendar or contact the Tourist Information Centre on 01752 306330.
Terms & Conditions
Guests can cancel free of charge until 7 days before arrival.
Guests will be charged for the first night if they cancel in the 7 days before arrival.
Guests will be charged a prepayment of the first night in the 7 days before arrival.
Payment may be made by credit or debit card.
We welcome children of all ages as long as they are well behaved and are accompanied by a responsible guardian.
Your accommodation will be available to you from 3.00pm on the day of arrival, unless otherwise arranged.
Please vacate your accommodation by 10.00am on the day of departure, unless otherwise arranged.
Please take care of your Hotel keys. If you lose them, we have to change the locks and will charge you £50.00 towards the costs.
Electrical equipment that is brought into the Hotel is used at your own risk.
In accordance with the law, we operate a No-Smoking Policy throughout the Hotel. Anyone abusing this will be asked to leave. Any rooms that have been smoked in will need deep cleaning and you will be charged a non-negotiable £50.00 for this service.
Damages And Breakages:
Whilst staying in our Hotel, you are responsible and liable for any loss, damage or personal injury that you, or someone in your party incurs or causes, during your stay.
We do not accept any liability for any damage loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or our employees or contractors whilst acting in the course of employment, under the terms of The Hotel Proprietors Act 1956.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept pets.
How To Book
To check availability and make a booking click the BOOK NOW button or contact us directly to discuss your requirements.
To confirm your booking, a valid credit or debit card is required.